Growing up I wrote alot of stories and I always imagined what I would name my children. Then I had a husband who also had an opinion on the subject.
Jordan Alexander - Jordan was going to be Bailey (yes we watched Party of Five) then about a month before he was born, I just couldn't stand it anymore. Alex couldn't understand that, but he indulged me and we chose a different name. I always loved the name Jordan for a girl, but Alex didn't so I decided I liked it for a boy. I didn't realize how popular the name was until we moved to Salt Lake.
Dylan Michael - Dylan was the second choice after Jordan, so it just seemed natural. However, I really wanted to name him Tyger, Alex wouldn't go for it. I always planned on calling him that but in never happened. Michael is my Dad's name.
Hayden Rowdy - I really wanted to name Hayden Tyson but Tyson Chicken had training retreats at the resort we lived/worked at so it just seemed weird and Alex said no. Rowdy, I just heard on TV one day and liked it and we really couldn't think of anything better. Alex didn't really like it, but while I was in labor my sister, Mom and I talked him into it.
Kendall Reese - We both like the name Reese but I knew I would never be able to call her just Reese. It took us a very very long time to even narrow it down to a small list of names, the two we ended up with were Kendall and Talya. I wanted Talya and Alex wanted Kendall, then when I saw her she didn't look like a Talya and for some reason Alex changed his mind too. So she didn't have a name until we were ready to leave the hosptial and Alex told me to write one on the birth certificate!
1 year ago

1 comments:
I love how Kendall got her name! So what's the next one going to be named?
Post a Comment