Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I need another leg"


My poor little baby!! Hayden broke his leg Tuesday night. Yep, broke his leg. He was jumping on the trampoline with Dylan and Papa, he fell and somehow broke his femur. Through the urging of my wonderful friends I decided to take him to an urgent care center today instead of waiting for his Dr. appointment tomorrow. I am glad I have friends who don't mind telling me what to do, and friends who take my other kids! It is fractured right above his knee and the Dr. thought that it might go into his growth plate, so we have to take him to a specialist tomorrow afternoon.
While we were in the waiting room, Hayden wanted to leave and we told him that we needed to get his leg fixed and he said "No, I need another leg." He's a trooper!

7 comments:

Suzie said...

Poor boy! A broken femur is definitely nothing to mess with. Make sure you give him lots of ice cream or whatever his favorite snack may be. You could probably use some too I'm sure.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Poor kid!! And just in time for his Happy Birthday! I totally agree with Suzie - sugar is a big help!

The Woody's Fam said...

THAT IS TERRIBLE. HE IS SUCH A TROOPER. HOW DOES HE GET AROUND NOW? HE COULDN’T POSSIBLY BE BIG ENOUGH TO USE CRUTCHES. IS IT SAFE TO ASSUME YOU ARE HIS NEW LEG?

Courtney said...

Poor little guy! Thats no fun!

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

Oh my gosh!! Poor guy!! Goodluck trying to keep him from walking on it. It is hard to slow little boys down.

Steve and Sarah said...

WOW. Poor little guy. I can't believe he broke his leg. Just in time for his birthday. Do you have another accident prone kid on your hands?!!!

Tiffany said...

I am so glad that you went to the doctor and that it didn't reach the growth plate. Sorry it was such an ordeal.