Dylan has recently started sleep walking. Almost every night he walks down stairs with his arms like this or rubbing his eyes, kind of grumble-whining and we tell him, "Dylan, go back to bed." This happens 3 or 4 times before he stays in bed.
One night it happened like 6 times and on the last time we told him to go back to bed, he said "but, which one do I use". Of course, we being the excelent parents that we are, bursted out laughing, when we calmed down enough we asked him "which one what" and he said "you know the tubes that go under ground" and again when we stopped laughing we said "the top one" and he went back to bed. In the morning when I went to get him up for bed, his light was on and he was wearing 2 pairs of underwear!
We have started messing with him instead of telling him to go back to bed (again, wonderful partents) and this actually seems to work better because he goes right back to bed and stays there!

6 comments:
I am peeing my pants laughing right now. Are you going to try for 3 pairs tonight? Maybe one on his head might do the trick. I feel so much better knowing that others would mess with their sleep walking kids that way too. I totally would if the chance ever presents itself. Great post, I am going to go happily fold laundry with a happy funny thoughts of your child sleep walking in my head.
That is awesome!!! Sooo funny. I needed that today.
ha ha ha ha ha!! I totally did the underwear thing when I would sleep walk as a kid! I also filled the china cabnet with underwear!
That is hilarious.
That is too funny! Landon did that when he was little, and would take weird things back to bed with him, or fall asleep in strange places. One night we found him sleeping in the plastic baby bath, holding the flour container! Another night, he took a gallon of ice cream back to bed, and woke up with it melted EVERYWHERE! Luckily, he seems to have grown out of this habit.
How weird. Ben is a crazy sleeper and sometimes he totally creeps me out. Make sure you lock your doors to the outside so he never leaves the house.
Glad you guys are having fun with it though!
Post a Comment