Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dog Boy

Today while the kids were eating lunch, I noticed that Kendall was dropping her mac + cheese on the floor so I told her to stop. Then Hayden's head pops up and in his doggy voice he says "ruff, but I'm hungry!" She wasn't dropping it, she was feeding Hayden-dog!

BTW his doggy voice is high pitched with panting mixed in - its very funny and cute. Some days I think he's taking the dog thing a little too far though! Gracie used to feed him dog treats (fruit snacks) and now it is hard to get him to eat a fruit snack without me handing them to him one at a time. Sometimes he makes me throw them across the room for him, oh and makes us play fetch with him (and of course little sister loves to copy him). My mom mentioned today that I should find him a dog costume for Halloween, I thought that was a great idea. I'm a little afraid he might go trick or treating on his hands and knees though!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

That is too funny! BTW I am so going to buy the foot thing. I have been waiting for someone to try it out to see if it really works. Thanks for being that girl:) I can't wait to see pics of the house!

Jen said...

Cute cute! With Levi pretending he is a kitty virtually all day, those two could definitely have some fun together. And I totally get how cute his little high pitched doggy voice is. Sometimes you just can't describe it how they sound to us, but we all know that Hayden is adorable!

Trooly said...

That reminds me of my brother who was "Bitsy" the dog for about three years from about ages 2-5. As an adult, he is very artistic and sweet and loves his mom... I'm curious to know if the dog fantasy is a result of specific personality traits... I think it would make an interesting anthropological study.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I miss Hayden the dog!!! Cruela is still looking for her next puppy!!

Tiffany said...

That kid cracks me up! I want video of his doggy bark. It sounds so cute.

Misty said...

That is sooo cute! I will keep my eyes open for a costume!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

so funny and cute!