Monday, September 24, 2007

Jordan the Dog

Before Jordan was born, we already had his name chosen and we told all our friends and family what we planned to name him. When he was a couple weeks old, my Uncle told me that he couldn't believe I really named my kid after our dog...

Yep, growing up we had a dog named Jordan. Somehow, (possibly due to pregnancy stupidity) that thought escaped me when we were choosing our sons name. And apparently everyone in my family assumed that I remembered that we had a dog named Jordan and I just didn't care or maybe they thought I was naming him after the dog, either way no one said anything about it. Imagine my embarrasment when I realized I had named my son after a dog.

So now when we want to tell a story about Jordan the dog, we have to say "remember when Jordan the dog tipped over the dishwasher" or "remember when Jordan the dog had a lizard hanging out his mouth" or "remember when you named Jordan after Jordan the dog!" It's not like we had this dog when we were little, we had him in jr high and high school.

It used to embarass me but now it is just a funny story to tell. One I will certainly tell to my grandkids someday!

3 comments:

Tracie said...

How does Jordan the boy feel about it?

wackyjackie said...

I'm not sure, I will ask him and get back to you!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I am SO glad to hear this story! Hello! Lilly the baby or Millie the dog. I'm a moron.