Jordan is in 6th grade. Here they have a 6th grade campus that is separate from the 7th and 8th grades. So it's middle school, but it gives them a chance to figure out lockers and schedules before mixing with the older kids. And yes I cannot believe I have a kid in middle school! I didn't think I was worried about him going, but I was a nervous wreck all day on the first day of school. I was so antsy to go pick him up and see how he did. He did great, he has some friends from last year in some classes as well as some kids from church that weren't at his school last year. I even let him ride the bus home one day, my kids have never ridden the bus before, we've always lived too close to the school or where there were no busses.
Dylan started 3rd grade. He was so excited to start school, he was bouncing off the walls the night before! He came home the first day and told me it was the best day ever! Then he said that he got a girlfriend AND his first kiss. I reminded him that he isn't allowed to kiss girls yet and he told me that she kissed her hand and put it on his cheek! He said that she told him she was in love with him all last year and was too shy to tell him. This boy is going to be trouble! Luckily the girl's mother told her that she was too young to have a boyfriend. And Jordan was mad because "Dylan always gets the girls!".
Thursday night we went to Hayden's meet the teacher. Hayden did not speak the whole time we were there. He had been so excited to start pre-school, but after that he didn't want to have anything to do with it. After a lot of talking about it, what finally got him was when I told him he would get to paint sometimes at school. So now he's good again. But I know he is still going to cry when I drop him off on Tuesday. I just hope I don't, at least till he can't see me!

2 comments:
The boys are sooooo big!!!!!!
Wow..Dylan is going to be a heart breaker!
Post a Comment