
My Mom is a tomboy. Up until a few years ago, she hardly even wore any make-up. My favorite story about my mom is that when she was litte she had a pocket for her worms and a pocket for her fish and when she went to her grandma's house, Grandma Dell would make her turn out her pockets, put her hands together and go straight to the bathroom to wash up!
My Mom is cool. I heard that from my friends all the time growing up. She would take us on girl trips to phoenix. We'd get to bring friends and we'd shop and she would let us jump on the hotel beds. She always let us listen to our music in the car, even though I'm sure she didn't like all of it. She shaved my brother's football number into the back of his head (I remember many "comments" about it at church from the older crowd).
My Mom is a jock. I don't remember a time in my life that she didn't play softball. My Mom has a temper. These two go together. I don't think I've ever seen her as mad as I've seen her on the ball field. When I was in high school, I played on her team and I was running to third and the woman on third totally shoved me, I fell and hit me head and when I came to, I thought my mom was going to have that lady for lunch. Nice!
My Mom is a chef and a baker. There is not a thing my mom can't do in the kitchen. Seriously. That is why I am such an excelent cook and baker. Not as good as my mom, but someday. I am profoundly grateful for all the things my mom has taught me to do in the kitchen. And because I am so grateful that my mom taught me to cook, I am teaching my kids to cook. For Mother's Day they are going to make me fettuchini alfredo.
My Mom loves me. And she loves my kids and even Alex. I don't think there is anything she wouldn't do for us. I am thankful for all that she has taught me and the example that she is for me. Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you and miss you!

6 comments:
What a cute picture of you and your mom! Happy Mother's day to you!
Sounds like you have a great Mom. No wonder you're so awesome! I love the picture.
Hey, Jackie, thanks for the "mom' tribute. Your Mom must be amazing!! I just read it today. I have been sooo busy lately. Thank you again. I love your too. Mom
LOve the pic! Happy Mom's Day!
What a neat post! Your Mom was my favorite growing up! We love Gail!!
I LOVE LOVE this post!
Post a Comment