Thursday, January 15, 2009

Complaint Department

I wish I were taller.

No seriously, I just need to complain for a minute!

Let me start off by saying that Alex is out of town for the week. Yesterday afternoon, I was all of a sudden EXHAUSTED after Jordan's scouts I took my temp because I was freezing and I had a fever. Nothing else just a fever. But I still had to go do Dylan's scouts.

I went to bed about 10 and as I was just falling asleep I heard a waterfall on the stairs. Hayden was throwing up. I got him cleaned up and in bed and was asleep for maybe 15 minutes when I heard him throwing up again. Clean up again, back to bed and just as I was falling asleep, Kendall started crying (which she never does while she's sleeping).

I did a breathing treatment on her then rocked her for a little bit and tried to put her back in bed and she wouldn't go, so I took her to my bed and she didn't sleep more than a couple of hours all night. So neither did I. Then to top it off my alarm (which the boys say Kendall broke) didn't go off! Luckily Jordan usually wakes up on his own and I heard him in the kitchen but even with that I'm sure the boys were late for school! Oh well, we'll just veg all day.

8 comments:

Suzie said...

I'm so sorry. I feel your pain. Last week, Keith was out of town, I got sick and Ben wouldn't sleep. I'm amazed that we're all still alive!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I hope you are napping!! Thanks for letting me whine today.

The Woody's Fam said...

When I read that you wished you were taller I thought your post was going to be the misery that comes with having a super tall husband who puts everything up high and you can't reach it when he is gone. Which I could have sympathized with since that is one of my biggest complaints with having a foot and 2" difference with a spouse. He wants everything up high and I want everything down low.

Unfortunately your post was not about that and as I read on I was wishing for your sake it had been about that so then you wouldn’t have had such a horrible rough night! I hate days like these I call them “Mommy times”; no one ever takes care of a sick Mom and to top it all off your kids are usually sick at the same time so you are stuck taking care of everyone but yourself!

For that reason I can’t think of a more deserving Mom to take a day just to veg. I hope your family is feeling better today and that you can get the rest and recuperation you have earned. Tell Alex he needs to bring you diamonds back or something really good since you had to deal with the karma of him going away. I swear Moms have anything and everything horrible and unimaginable happen to them when Daddy goes out of town.

Lauren said...

You poor thing! I hope you got some rest today!

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry Jackie. Hopefully you will all feel better soon.

wackyjackie said...

Thanks everyone! We are all doing a bit better tonight, and I had a wonderful 2 1/2 hour nap earlier.

The "I wish I were taller' comes from Seinfeld. Elaine's "ziggy" cartoon.

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

It always seems to pour when it rains! I hope everyone feels better today and Alex gets home soon! When he does, get a magazine and take a bath with the door locked!!! You deserve it!

Misty said...

Oh Jackie! I am sorry! I hope your weekend goes better! Just think---it is the weekend!