Monday, May 5, 2008

The 3 Year Itch...

Alex and I have been married for nearly 11 years now, in that time we have moved 6 times. The longest we made it was almost exactly 3 years in Salt Lake. When we chose to move from Lajitas (2 years 7 months) we picked San Antonio because we thought it was a place that we could live for a long time...


But as we are approaching 3 years here, Alex has been offered a promotion to the coporate office in The Woodlands (near Houston). Yeah promotion, boo moving!! So now we are off to more adventures in a new city, again. We are very excited about the promotion and all the opportunities that are in store for our family. We are also very sad about having to leave this wonderful place and mostly the wonderful people that we have in our lives here.


We don't have a move date yet, but hopefully our house will sell quickly.

6 comments:

The Awesome Rawsons said...

My in-laws live in Houston and I have a friend that just moved to the woodlands a few months ago. I was actually in the woodlands buying bread this past monday with my mother-in-law. Its so pretty and peaceful with all of the trees. If you need any pointers with moving to Houston, i've got great resources! I'll be sad to see you go, but greatful I got to meet you just in the nick of time.

Lauren said...

It is beautiful there...just make sure you pick a house really close to work. Houston traffic is just GROSS!

Misty said...

I am so bummed! But excited for you too! What ever you need - let me know!

Tiffany said...

I agree with Tracie, Boo!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Houston is so big and has so many opportunites! Congrats to Alex! Hopefully your MIL stays here so you have a reason to come back and hang out often!!!

Jen said...

Jackie--you will be so missed! I will pray that your house sells quickly. Only so you won't have that stress on you along with everything else. Although there might be a small part of me that might not have my heart all the way in that prayer...Love ya!