Monday, August 20, 2007

confessions of a good cook

I must tell you, I am a good cook, even great sometimes. Not to be braggy, but this is one of my strong suites. I can bake, I can decorate, I can do the fabulous Sunday dinners, I even have some very delicious quick and easy meals in my arsenol. I pride myself on being able to make something good (not necessarily good for you, but good) for my family most nights.


But, I cannot make a good pot roast! I haven't even tried for a very long time, but I decided to try again yesterday. IT SUCKED! My vegis didn't even turn out good. It was a bad meal, even the frozen bread that you cook in the oven didn't turn out well. It didn't thaw out all the way in the middle so after I cut it I put it back in the oven for a few minutes, which made the crust way too crunchy.


I am a pot roast failure. From this point forward, I vow to never again make a pot roast. I will wait for the once a year when I go to my mom's house to have it. I will savor it that one time a year. I am a pot roast failure.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Will you teach me? A pot roast is about the only meal I can do well!!

Tracie said...

Jackie- I love the pictures!